1st Glorious Mystery--The Resurrection
- We remember when Christ rose three days after his death.
- We pray for the grace of true faith.
- We remember when Christ ascended into heaven after coming back to earth.
- We pray for the grace of holy hope.
- We remember when the Holy Spirit descended upon the disciples in the upper room.
- We pray for the grace of the fire of charity.
- We remember Mary when she was assumed body and soul into heaven without dying.
- We pray for the grace of true devotion to Mary.
- We remember Mary as Queen of Heaven.
- We pray for the grace of eternal joy.
As Christians, we celebrated the resurrection of Jesus on Easter. And last Sunday, forty days after Easter, the readings at Mass in the Catholic Church and those of mainstream Protestant denominations were centered on the ascension of Jesus. This coming Sunday is the Feast of Pentecost when the seven weeks of Easter will come to an end, and Christ's Passover is fulfilled, the catechism says, in the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, manifested, given, and communicated as a divine person.
Post a Comment